Conclusion

I had a lovely time working with the LSU Press this semester! The employees were all very kind and encouraging, and the atmosphere of the workplace was always happy. The press is also conveniently located on campus, right across the street from the Art and Design buildings. It was an unpaid internship, but I learned a … Continue reading Conclusion

Advertisements

Day 71

It’s my last day at the LSU Press! I’ll miss working here, but I am glad that the semester is over…summer, here I come! But first, I’ll finish my final project for the press. Yesterday Erin commented on Liquid Planner that she would print out the two banner proofs and write her corrections on them … Continue reading Day 71

Day 70

Today Erin assigned a final project to me: two web banners promoting one of the LSU Press’ books. Hopefully I’ll have enough time to finish them by the end of my last shift on Friday. If not, someone else will have to complete them for the press. I was inspired by Michelle’s Civil War sale … Continue reading Day 70

Day 69

There weren’t any projects for me to work on, as my time at the LSU Press winds down, so I continued finishing up my internship blog and making sure I had all of my projects and daily notes posted.

Day 68

There was nothing new for me to work on, so I continued working on the homepage banner for the Fall 2017 catalog promotion. There won’t be any Facebook or landing site banners, it will just be the homepage. After playing around with opacity and placement of the title, I showed them to Laura and we … Continue reading Day 68

Day 67

There were no new projects for me today, so I continued to work on the homepage banner for the Fall 2017 catalog. Laura showed me how to fake a clipping mask in InDesign, by changing the type into outlines, selecting it using the direct selection tool, then placing the background image into the type and … Continue reading Day 67

Day 66

Today Erin commented on the things she wanted fixed for the Civil War Monitor ad. Michelle came in and helped me with it, and together we came up with a much more readable and interesting design for the type. Then I uploaded the new proof onto Liquid Planner for Erin to check. For the rest … Continue reading Day 66

Day 65

Erin and Kate still haven’t commented on the proof I uploaded yesterday, but Kate is out this week and Erin is very busy (a lot of people in the press are busy with the new database right now). Either way, it’s not due until tomorrow, so I’m not worried. I showed both Laura and Michelle … Continue reading Day 65

Day 64

Today I changed my designs to match the Civil War banners. I switched to the blue, white, and yellow color scheme and used one of the header fonts. I kept the Minion Pro font, however, because I thought it read better for the smaller type. I also added the dark blue dotted line motif. Then … Continue reading Day 64

Day 63

I continued to work on the Civil War Monitor ad, and found two interesting spots for the headline information. I printed a rough of each and showed them to Laura. She then explained that the ad is supposed to be related to the Civil War sale promotion web banners that Michelle designed last week, and … Continue reading Day 63