Day 66

Today Erin commented on the things she wanted fixed for the Civil War Monitor ad. Michelle came in and helped me with it, and together we came up with a much more readable and interesting design for the type. Then I uploaded the new proof onto Liquid Planner for Erin to check. For the rest … Continue reading Day 66


Day 64

Today I changed my designs to match the Civil War banners. I switched to the blue, white, and yellow color scheme and used one of the header fonts. I kept the Minion Pro font, however, because I thought it read better for the smaller type. I also added the dark blue dotted line motif. Then … Continue reading Day 64

Day 63

I continued to work on the Civil War Monitor ad, and found two interesting spots for the headline information. I printed a rough of each and showed them to Laura. She then explained that the ad is supposed to be related to the Civil War sale promotion web banners that Michelle designed last week, and … Continue reading Day 63

Day 62

Back from spring break! I got a new ad today, the Civil War Monitor. It’s due Friday. As usual, I placed all of the copy and all of the book covers into my InDesign file, then got started rearranging everything. Right away, I could tell that the size of the ad wasn’t big enough to … Continue reading Day 62

Day 60

Yesterday Kate commented on Liquid Planner with some changes she wanted me to make. When I came in today, Laura explained them to me in further depth. She, Erin, and Kate all had a long conversation yesterday about how they would like to handle the ads; it was decided that prioritizing the book covers and … Continue reading Day 60

Day 59

Today I continued to tweak the Louisiana Libraries and PMLA ads. I printed out roughs to see how they were working, then fixed some small problems with spacing in the type. I also changed the subhead and header information in the black bar at the bottom of the Louisiana Libraries ad, so that the words … Continue reading Day 59

Day 58

Laura will not be here today either. I continued to work on the two ads (PMLA and Louisiana Libraries), focusing mainly on the PMLA ad. I looked at some of the previous ads that the LSU Press did for PMLA and tried out some textures for the background. I also worked on the hierarchy of … Continue reading Day 58

Day 54

I continued work on the American Historical Review ad and narrowed down my choices to two layouts that were working the best. Laura looked over my proofs and agreed; she thought that the one with the black bar at the bottom was good, but typical, and wanted me to try and finesse the other one … Continue reading Day 54

Day 52

Today I came in and finished tweaking the spacing and ornaments around the headline of the Alabama Library Association ad, like I discussed Friday with Laura. Then I talked with Laura, who thought that they all looked good and left it up to me to choose. I chose this one, and uploaded it on Liquid … Continue reading Day 52